Our mission is Smart, Fair and Restorative Justice. Under our Restorative Justice Model, victim empowerment is critical. Recognizing the unique needs of victims, the Fulton County Solicitor-General’s Office has established a Victim-Witness Assistance Program to ensure that your rights are protected. Our Victim Advocates are available to answer your questions, offer support and provide information about the court process. Your participation is invaluable as we work to make Fulton County safer. If you have questions or if there is anything my office can do to assist you as you go through this process, please contact the Victim Assistance Unit at (404) 612-6883.
The Victim-Witness Assistance Program (VWAP) is staffed by Victim Advocates whose primary focus is on the needs of the victim. The priority of the VWAP is to reduce the trauma of crime by providing:
1. Referrals for community resources that will address specific needs;
2. Orientation for your court appearances;
3. Support during the process;
4. Case status and disposition information;
5. Property return and information about possible restitution.